Foster City, CA • Full-time PMO Operations Manager
PMO Operations Manager
Program Management Office
The Program Management Office (PMO) at Zoox supports some of the company’s most complex, cross-functional decisions and programs. When needed, members of the PMO will roll up their sleeves and work hand-in-hand with engineering and operations to solve issues that arise.
We pride ourselves on our ability to take complexity and translate that into meaningful actions and high-quality, timely decisions. We have a strong track record of helping the organization execute more effectively across a number of different programs and initiatives. We do this through clear thinking, problem solving, implementing improved operational measures and influencing and coaching tactics. The Operations Manager for PMO will work closely with the team director and managers to ensure that the team presents a uniform and consistent interface to the rest of Zoox, remains organized and focused on deliverables, and enables the director to focus on support and growth of the management team.
- Responsible for securing regular reports including program updates, board meeting documents, and content for company presentations. Also driving agendas, content readiness, and recording notes and action items for executive and senior leadership meetings.
- Assists the PMO director and the team leaders with staff meetings, budgeting, onboarding of new hires, announcements, etc.
- Maintains the company roadmap & goals documentation assets. Ensure alignment between communications, strategy, & finance teams and executives.
- Lead the effort to develop robust reporting tools for all PMO teams according to their needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related science discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with product development, ideally in projects that involve complex systems.
- Experience interfacing directly with corporate leaders and executives outside of your own organization.
- Superb in written and verbal communications and skilled at presenting to a large and diverse audience.
- Has the ability to think critically, grasp the big picture, and be able to dive into details to distill the key messages for an executive audience.
- Is able to give and receive feedback kindly, and has integrity and a keen sense of core values that guides their work.
- In-depth experience with system architecture, safety critical systems, corporate strategy, and/or test & validation.
- Product development experience at a car company or a Tier 1 auto OEM.
- Previous technical program management experience.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.