Windows VDI Desktop Engineer
Information TechnologyApply for this position
This position is part of the IT department at Zoox and belongs to the IT Desktop Engineering team. Zoox’s Desktop Engineer (Windows & VDI) is responsible for enabling high-quality user support by providing tooling and analytics to our Client Services (Help Desk, Tier I & II) team. Ranging from providing hardware recommendations to packaging and deploying software company wide, the role is multifaceted and ever-evolving. As the company brings new technologies online, the Desktop Engineer will be responsible for enabling Client Services to support users as they adopt new applications and processes. In this role, the employee will be surrounded with exceptional peers and will be exposed to many challenging tasks with opportunities to learn and grow.
- Develop and script various tasks / routines that will be used for automation & orchestration in our desktop and VDI environment
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with VDIs, software and virtual hardware
- Work on initiatives to improve, optimize and standardize VDI environment
- Conduct peer walkthroughs to assure quality of designs and implementation
- Contribute to our goals for an automated operation; develop, implement and maintain automation
- Automating, packaging, sequencing and deploying applications to the company via Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Intune)
- Assist with technical support escalation requests
- Create and manage internal training documentation
- Work with asset management team to ensure endpoint data requirements are captured
- Keep informed of the latest developments in computer software and hardware technology and continue to learn new technologies and offerings from vendors and solution partners
- Strong Windows Desktop OS and WMI understanding
- Strong Windows PowerShell scripting knowledge
- Knowledge of Vmware vSphere and Horizon concepts
- Experience with hypervisors at a junior to a middle level (for example, VMware ESXi)
- Experience with Intune or SCCM administration, managing enterprise deployments, application packaging and device policy management
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory (AD, AAD, AADDS)
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills, and independent drive to create written documentation, requirements, and technical diagrams
- Familiarity with principles of cyber security hygiene and practice of system hardening and monitoring
- Ability to train others in applications and operating system fundamentals
- Experience with VMware Horizon
- Experience with macOS and Linux endpoint management (Intune or Jamf Pro)
- Experience with Canonical’s Landscape
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.