Senior Manager, Experience Design
ExperienceApply for this position
Zoox's Experience Team works across the organization to define and champion the “Human Experience." We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our times to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
As Zoox’s Senior Manager of Design in the Experience team, you will invent and design innovative solutions to create experiences that our customers will love and choose. You will work across the org to make strategic decisions and run the design process on key work streams and initiatives. You will grow and lead a team of designers, championing a human-centered design process and culture.
- Lead and manage a team of designers at Zoox
- Advocate and design holistic end to end experiences
- Inspire and champion Zoox Vision and Value Proposition
- Create impactful solutions that are aligned with our brand and push our strategy
- Champion a Human Centered process to collaborate across the company in prioritizing and solving Scenarios
- Design interfaces and interactions that are elegant, accessible, intuitive, and delightful
- Invent and prototype new interactions to create innovative solutions
- Champion a Human-Centered design culture across the company
- Define design principles, and align design goals and timelines with key internal decisions and deadlines in a rapidly growing company
- Leverage research insights and communicate design solutions to inform product direction across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Help define metrics and define solutions that improve our product
- Minimize investment risks by testing solutions and validate assumptions early
- Gain a deep understanding of both our internal and external customers and help the organization understand their context, intent, and needs
- Lead initiatives to create tools that facilitate the design process
- 10+ years of relevant design experience in a commercial organization
- 5+ years leading, coaching or managing individuals contributors
- Experience shipping both digital and physical products
- Experience defining product strategy and value proposition
- Passion for exploring emerging technologies, and making a positive impact on customers’ lives through your work
- Background in human-computer interaction
- Experience in automotive
- Experience working with AI
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.