Foster City, CA • Full-time Manager, Wire Harness Engineering
Manager, Wire Harness Engineering
As a Manager of Wire Harness Engineering at Zoox, you will be leading a team of engineering covering 2D schematics and 3D modeling of automotive harnesses. You will work with engineering leaders across hardware, software, product, IT, infrastructure, procurement, finance, vehicle engineering, and various suppliers to develop project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, and clearly communicate ongoing progress to the management team.
- Lead technical Design Review of harnesses and vehicle electrical systems.
- Timely containment and resolution of technical issues.
- Approval of budget, resource planning, and scheduling.
- Develop, deploy and improve the technology development processes and functions for the company within the electrical engineering domain.
- Mentor, train, and develop mechanical and electrical engineers.
- Review and approve requisite documentation (Reports, BOMs, Drawings, test reports, etc…).
- Update job knowledge by remaining current on codes and requirements; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Passion for electric, autonomous mobility.
- BS or MS in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience (EE or Mechatronics, preferably).
- Experience: 10+ years of engineering plus 5+ years of people management.
- Demonstrated release of hardware products that depend on firmware/software.
- Hardware and software integration experience: project planning, bring-up, deploy, and sustaining.
- Track record in managing complex cross-functional projects.
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Automotive or aerospace experience.
- Proficiency in CATIA V5/V6 and/or 3DX.
- Experience using Capital/Mentor Graphics Topology, HarnessXC Bridging.
- Experience in Mentor Graphics Custom plugin development and report generation.
- Experience with automotive functional safety (ISO26262) standards, EE HW reliability life calculations, and system FMEA analysis.
- Experience with high-speed automotive electronics communication protocols (GMSL, automotive ethernet, A2B).
- Experience managing SW/FW individual contributors or teams.
- Experience with automotive EE system-level communication(CAN, LIN) and power distribution architectures.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.