Software Engineer - Computer Vision
SoftwareApply for this position
The perception team at Zoox is the eyes and ears of our self driving car. Navigating safely and competently in the world requires us to detect, classify, track and understand several different attributes of all the objects around us that we might interact with, all in real time and with very high precision. Computer vision is one of several redundant sensor modalities that we use in our perception stack.
As a member of the computer vision team at Zoox you will be responsible for developing and improving state of the art machine learning techniques for doing everything from 2D/3D object detection, panoptic segmentation, tracking, to attribute classification. You will be working not just with our team of talented engineers and researchers in perception, but cross functionally with several teams including sensors, prediction and planning, and you will have access to the best sensor data in the world and an incredible infrastructure for testing and validating your algorithms.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or related field
- Fluency in C/C++
- Experience with modern computer vision techniques
- Experience with programming and algorithm design
- Experience with autonomous robots/robotics
- Experience with realtime sensor fusion (e.g. LiDAR, camera, radar)
- Experience with novel pipelines and architectures for convolutional neural nets
- Experience with 3D data and representations (pointclouds, meshes, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to create functional realtime systems that solve difficult perception tasks
- Strong mathematical skills
- Ph.D. in computer vision, machine learning, or a related field
- Add to Bonus: Academic and/or Industry experience in deep learning
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.