Information TechnologyApply for this position
The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) System Engineer will be primarily responsible for administering VMware and MS Active Directory based VDI environments. Our VDIs are NVIDIA vGPU-powered, so expertise in desktop virtualization with NVIDIA GRID is mandatory. Experience managing a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environment and/or preparing master Operating System images for deployment is expected.
This position will work closely with the Infrastructure Engineers, AD and MDM Administrators and IT Client Services team to implement and manage various internally hosted Virtual Machines and related resources. In addition, this person will collaborate with other teams within the organization as well as the VDI team members to identify, track, and report on opportunities for system optimization, methods to drive efficiency, identify and reduce error rates, and empirically document customer experience.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate a strong background in managing VMware solutions
- Work with engineering users and application support to validate application functionality in the VDI environment
- Maintain high service availability by liaising with many stakeholders to identify risk and threats to the delivery of VDI services
- Rapidly identify and correct faults impacting service delivery
- Updates/remediates patching of ESXi host devices
- Collaborates with other Systems Administrators with troubleshooting and resolving issues that negatively affect the customer's virtual computing environment.
- Compiles the VDI Operating System image (Windows and Ubuntu) for testing and deployment to the user production environment.
- Maintains fully patched/updated/mitigated Operating System image for testing and production, and provides assistance to customers with operations of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) systems.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in an enterprise environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience.
- Two (2) years of experience leading the design and implementation of VMware based solutions.
- Significant experience managing virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Skilled with PowerShell and Bash scripting.
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations based on national and local trends and to design processes that enhance services while maximizing college resources.
- Automation using PowerShell, PowerCLI, and/or Bash scripts
- Documentation experience using G-Suite apps or similar products
- Adaptable to changing circumstances and operational needs
- Experience in the evaluation and integration of new technologies into existing environments
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.