Foster City, CA • Internship/Co-op Strategy Associate Internship/Co-op
Strategy Associate Internship/Co-op
Finance & Strategy
In this role, you will be responsible for driving key strategic decisions in what could become a $10T global market for personal mobility. You will structure solutions to complex problems, perform deep data-driven analytics, generate insights, & then build cross-functional consensus among the senior management team to enable focused execution.
You will be joining a diverse group of industry leaders & makers, where team success is as important as individual contributions. If you are excited about solving difficult problems and the opportunity to help define what an autonomous vehicle can be, we want to hear from you!
Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- Develop deep perspectives on competitive landscape and market dynamics
- Formulate business cases to support product and engineering decisions
- Research, synthesize and communicate key business issues with senior leadership and board of directors
- Evaluate business development opportunities or potential acquisitions
- Build and improve financial/operational models for unit economics, revenue generation, and city operations
- Form relationships with external organizations and experts to gather data-points and obtain expert opinions
- Working towards an MBA
- Able to commit to a minimum of 12-week internship
- Desire to convert to a full-time role after graduation
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- 2-5 years of experience at a top-tier investment bank, consulting firm, corporate development and/or as a technology strategist
- Highly analytical, with proven ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of data then develop insights and recommendations
- High proficiency with data analytics tools (e.g., Excel)
- Intellectually curious with the ability to challenge conventional thinking
- Excellent problem solving, writing, and communication skills
- Past project or professional experience in the mobility/transportation space
- Computer science, data analytics or engineering background preferred
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.