Industrial DesignApply for this position
Zoox's Industrial Design is a team of dreamers and creators who believe in the beauty, function and value that good design can bring to the world. We are focused on the pursuit of mobility for all through our vehicle and hardware design. We champion a philosophy of balance and harmony in our products to delight the individual and create a positive impact on the greater community. As a member of this team you will be joining our efforts to embrace these principles and design the future of Zoox autonomous mobility.
Your skills and experience as a VR Designer will support the Industrial Design team evaluate and explore conceptual and production vehicle designs. You will be tasked with managing 3D data from designers, preparing designs, static and animated scenes for review, and creating realistic shaders and materials for evaluation. In addition, you’ll be supporting cross functional team requests from Engineering, User Experience and Manufacturing when VR can provide development guidance. Join our team and bring your passion, experience and positive teamwork as we embark on the next chapter of Zoox vehicle and hardware design.
- Manage vehicle designs and assets inside a 3D VR environment
- Facilitate the use of VR for the ID team to review new vehicle designs and revisions
- Create realistic shaders/materials, lighting and environments inside Unreal Engine
- Create static and animated scenes for product and interaction review
- Work with cross functional teams to maximize VR as a tool for review and further development/exploration such as Engineering, UX and Manufacturing
- 2.5+ years of VR experience supporting internal Studio and X-functional team projects and processes
- 3+ years experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Knowledge of common industry 3D software packages such as 3DS max, Maya, Blender or C4D
- Experience working with 3D CAD applications such as Alias and Catia
- Ability and desire to work and communicate well with internal, cross-functional and executive teams
- Passion and desire to contribute to the autonomous mobility space
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.