Supplier Quality Engineer - Returnship
Procurement & Strategic PartnershipsApply for this position
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Zoox is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caregiving of any kind. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Zoox, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, gain new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving to transition back to the paid workforce.
The Supplier Quality Engineer will play a key role in ensuring world-class performance of the Zoox prototype and production supply base, and drive continuous improvement.
- Assess the capability of potential suppliers
- Assess the manufacturability of new product designs and assist both Zoox engineering and its suppliers with improving manufacturability
- Manage product and process development with suppliers
- Assist suppliers with the development of manufacturing processes
- Review prototype and production part quality document submissions from suppliers, and provide feedback
- Issue corrective action requests to suppliers and provides support with their resolution
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Quality, and Vehicle Engineering regarding analysis and disposition of suspect supplier material
- Drive continuous improvement throughout the supply base using quality and lean manufacturing tools
- Improve Zoox supplier quality processes such as assessments, supplier management, part approval, and corrective actions
What You Bring to the Role
- An entrepreneurial spirit with a drive to reach goals
- Strong attention to detail
- Team-oriented and energetic
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality, Supplier Quality, or Manufacturing
- Experience using quality analysis and control tools such as Process Flow Diagrams, Process FMEAs, Process Control Plans, SPC, MSA, Process Capability
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Fully literate in Microsoft computer applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in the automotive, aviation, or medical device industries
- Experience in New Product Introduction (NPI) - Experience creating and improving quality systems
- Experience using problem-solving techniques such as Six-Sigma, 8-Discipline, Pareto Charts, Regression Analysis, ANOVA, DOE, Fish Bone Analysis, Red-X, Is / Is Not
- Experience in manufacturing processes such as machining, stamping, extrusions, wire harnesses, and electromechanical assemblies
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems such as ISO 9000 and IATF 16949 - Certifications such as ASQ, Six Sigma Green Belt, or Six Sigma Black Belt
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.