Foster City, CA • Full-time EE Functional Safety Engineer
EE Functional Safety Engineer
Advanced Hardware Engineering
As an EE Functional Safety Engineer in Advanced Hardware Engineering (AHE), you will be responsible for performing safety analysis on sensor, computer, and control modules. and provide guidance in architecture design. You will work closely with systems engineers, design engineers, and test engineers to fully capture functional safety requirements and the capability of our hardware. Your analysis and assessment will be paramount to all other requirements with respect to our hardware.
- Review Electrical schematics and perform board level safety and diagnostic analysis.
- Work with test engineers to design tests to qualify failure modes, quantify failure rates, and execute HIL fault injection tests to validate functional safety models
- Ability to interpret Safety manuals and datasheets provided by vendors (for SOCs developed as per SEOOC concept) and implement safety mechanisms needed for the intended Application
- closely with the internal safety systems team at Zoox
- Lead and participate in quantitative and qualitative functional safety activities that lead to the development of Fault Tree Analysis (FTAs), Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEAs)
- Design FMEAs
- B.S. or higher degree in Aerospace, Automotive, Robotics, Electrical Engineering
- 1+ years of work experience with validation, and verification
- Familiarity with schematic design tools(Altium/Mentor Graphics/Cadence)
- Analytical skills and passion for writing clear, concise, and verifiable requirements
- Collaborative team player with strong written and in-person communication skills
- Experience using requirements management tools such as Polarion (preferred), DOORS or Jama
- Familiarity with safety standards such as ISO 26262
- Familiarity with reliability handbooks like SN29500, IEC62380 etc...
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.