Foster City, CA • Full-time Product Manager - Autonomous Vehicle Platform
Product Manager - Autonomous Vehicle Platform
The Experience Team at Zoox works across the company to define and champion the “Human Experience." We embrace a human-centered product development process that is collaborative, data-driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions.
If you live and breathe design, if you care about the impact of technology in our society, if you can't stop thinking about how to help improve people's lives, and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges of our time to inspire and enable a better future, get in touch!
As a Product Manager for the autonomous vehicle platform, you will work closely with Product Managers, Vehicle Engineering, HW/SW Engineering, Feature Integration, Experience, and Industrial Design teams to represent the voice of the customer as inputs to the vehicle design & development program. You will work on the leading edge of defining the next-generation vehicle platform at Zoox. You will be solving complex and ambiguous problems and making difficult tradeoff assessments all while leveraging a deep understanding of the customer, business objectives, and technical feasibility. You thrive in highly collaborative environments. You are inquisitive while being motivated to test, learn, and iterate on the journey to a successful launch.
- Channel the voice of the customer and use data to write product requirements & lead change management activities for the autonomous vehicle platform
- Manage multiple stakeholder groups (including C-level) to ensure high levels of transparency & alignment
- Layout priorities and timelines to track success, metrics, and milestones
- As new insights come to light, formulate them into clear product requirements for the vehicle
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer and mobility-as-a-service strategy to understand and quantify the role the ground-up autonomous vehicle platform plays in the delivery of value to the customer journey
- 5+ years of experience at an automotive OEM in a product management role (can include informal experience in other roles).
- Strategy and leadership skills; Collaborate with internal partners and users to solve complex cross-functional problems. Use your influence to generate great outcomes.
- Established skills in distilling ambiguous problem spaces into compelling product visions.
- The ability to balance long-term strategic objectives against near-term tactical wins.
- Technical background (degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience).
- Experience with vehicle or autonomous vehicle development.
- 10+ years of experience at an automotive OEM in a product management role (can include informal experience in other roles).
- Experience with the development of large, complex systems.
- Experience within the early automotive design conceptual phase.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.