Manager, Product Management - Operations Tools
SoftwareApply for this position
Zoox is transitioning from pure research and development to an operational business with a public-facing product. This product is composed of much more than a vehicle and autonomous driving software. The critical third portion of the Zoox product is operations tools. These are the substantial pieces of software that manage vehicle dispatch, teleoperations, realtime rider support, billing and payments, and maintenance and repair, among other mission critical tasks. We are seeking an experienced Manager to lead our team of 7 Product Managers that are overseeing these important areas of Zoox.
In this role, you will be in a critically important position to define and lead big picture product and org strategy. You will be responsible for orchestrating complex projects cross-functionally with engineering, product, user research, and design leadership across the company. This role is high visibility and vital to the future success of Zoox.
- Lead the Operations Tools product team to build world-class software products that enable Zoox to ship our robotaxi product at scale
- Define and guide complex product strategy across many different product areas
- Mentor, develop, and recruit product talent
- Work with the team to develop product roadmaps that anticipate and address critical needs of the business before they become critical gaps
- Be the key interface to other teams and organizations within Zoox in order to drive two-way collaboration that solves product problems with minimum churn to the engineering teams
- In collaboration with engineering leadership, develop compelling justifications for major engineering investments in areas that are currently under-funded
- 7+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years management experience
- Strategy and leadership skills; Collaborate with internal partners and users to solve complex cross-functional problems. Use your influence to generate great outcomes.
- Established skills in distilling ambiguous problem spaces into compelling product visions.
- The ability to balance long-term strategic objectives against near-term tactical wins.
- Technical background (degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience).
- Experience developing robotics products, particularly autonomous vehicles
- Experience in a logistically complex business such as robotaxi, last mile delivery, or ride hailing
- Experience developing operational tools
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.