Foster City, CA • Internship/Co-op Software Architecture Internship/Co-op
Software Architecture Internship/Co-op
As an intern on the Software Architecture team, you'll be working alongside engineers who act as a multiplier for the entire software organization, looking for opportunities to make our software and engineering teams more efficient and productive. They frequently tackle big challenges in the code base that cut across multiple teams. Additionally, they provide technical leadership and design review services to the rest of the software organization. Zoox's Software Architecture Engineers see the entire safety-critical autonomous driving stack from a 10,000 foot view, but frequently zoom in and get their hands dirty solving problems with the biggest payoff across all of the software teams.
We're looking for interns with strong software engineering skills and broad experience, but with a focus in C++ systems-level software. You should also be comfortable hacking out quick scripts to automate tasks when necessary. Autonomous vehicles have some of the largest, most complex software ever shipped in a safety-critical environment. Solving that problem is one of the most exciting technical challenges of our lifetime.
- Currently working towards a B.S., M.S., Ph.D. or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program and within 1 year of graduation. For undergraduates, we are accepting only juniors and seniors
- Minimum of a 3.5 gpa (unofficial transcripts required)
- Able to commit to a minimum of a 12-week internship
- Professional and positive communication skills
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California
- Interns at Zoox may not use any proprietary information they are working on as part of their thesis, any published work with their university, or to be distributed to anyone outside of Zoox.
- At least one previous industry internship or co-op
- Strong proficiency in C++
- Experience with Linux and systems programming
- Experience with build systems, version control, and testing methodologies
- Experience with Python
- Experience with ROS
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.