MES Integration Engineer
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As an MES Integration Engineer, you should have extensive technical knowledge and experience in MES system development, implementation, and Operation Support. You will support MES operations during production as well as participate in the design, development, implementation, and testing of MES solutions.
Your main responsibilities include working with Manufacturing Engineers and production personnel to resolve any MES-related issues during vehicle manufacturing at Zoox facilities and gathering user requirements and defining system functionality. Additionally, when required, you will be writing scripts and/or code in various languages, such as Java, or .NET programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, or JScript .NET) as well as working with the MES System Supplier Technical Team to implement MES in the plant.
- Perform day-to-day Manufacturing Execution System (MES) operation support at Zoox Facilities
- Verifying MES servers are up and functioning daily before production starts
- Supporting and assisting plant operators in using the MES system for production
- Troubleshooting and resolving any MES data collection issues
- Creating shop orders and Shop Floor Control orders
- Managing torque tool availability in MES system per production needs
- Working with process engineers to adjust MES component consumption records when required
- Generating production summary and detailed reports and updating build status for the daily production meeting
- Generating other MES reports when required.
- Identify and document enhancements needed in MES.
- Implement and test complex MES solutions using both custom-developed software applications and off-the-shelf MES software platforms.
- Develop processes and methods to incorporate diagnostics information into MES.
- Work closely with the MES System Supplier implementation team to ensure successful implementation of the MES system.
- Be willing to travel when required to support plant implementations, supplier interactions, or as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering or a related field required (Master’s preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in MES implementation projects in a manufacturing environment (requirements analysis, design definition, software development, and solutions implementation)
- 3+ years of Hands-on Experience with SAP ME/Mii/PCo applications and OPC-UA applications (such as Kepware)
- Ability to understand complex manufacturing processes and systems
- Customer-focused, positive, supportive, self-motivated, considerate personality required – must work well in a team environment
- Advanced programming skills with high-level programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++, etc.)
- Working knowledge of SQL Server and literacy in Microsoft development software and .NET environment
- Experience in the automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience in implementing and/or integrating manufacturing automation solutions
- Experience in creating automated scripts and software
- Experience with torque tool configurations
- Familiarity with HTML5 and CSS programming
- Familiarity with PLC programming
- Experience in interfacing SAP ERP systems
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.