Foster City, CA • Contract Engineering Technician (Contract)
Engineering Technician (Contract)
The SW HIL team at Zoox is responsible for building and maintaining a variety of test assets to validate the design of our autonomous vehicle. As the Engineering Technician, you will support the build and maintenance of these custom machines to enable software simulation.
This role is essential and fundamental to the execution stage of the autonomous software development program, ensuring that the simulation and test infrastructure operate predictably at all times. We are looking for someone who is comfortable with maintaining complex systems, and excited about developing new ways to support a rapidly moving R&D organization.
- Support and track various configurations and generations of test platforms for vehicle simulation and software test platform
- Assemble custom hardware to enable Hardware-in-the-Loop testing of software builds
- Use commercially available, off-the-shelf components to build computers
- Integrate network and vehicle system components in server racks
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair test hardware/equipment
- Build cable harnesses based on diagrams/drawings
- Occasionally move computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Work with engineering teams to troubleshoot complex issues
- Create and track tickets within ticketing system to address problems, incidents and changes of hardware, and provide details of work performed
- Coordinate with cross functional teams for parts receiving, installs, upgrades, and decommissioning projects
- Demonstrate ability to use general shop, automotive, and diagnostic tools (DMM, Oscilloscope, etc.)
- Experience with building/troubleshooting/diagnosing computers, Arduino side projects, etc.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Ability to lift 25-30 pound boxes
- Ability to crawl/bend to work on low ground wiring as needed
- Experience building cable harnessing and familiarity with cable management
- Working knowledge of computer and networking hardware
- Experience with Google suite, Microsoft Office, JIRA, Confluence or similar programs
- Knowledge of automotive electrical systems
- Experience in running scripts and working with Linux based systems
- B.S. in Engineering (Bonus Qualification)
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.