Foster City, CA • Full-time Electrical Integration Engineer
Electrical Integration Engineer
Zoox is looking for an electrical integration engineer to work at the cutting edge of integrating our complex electrical systems into autonomous driving machines. In this role, you will be responsible for synthesizing vehicle product requirements into a real, low-voltage architecture and for developing, validating, and nurturing that architecture into production. You will do this by engaging cross-functional teams and holding yourself, teammates, and the larger organization accountable for meeting requirements. We are a small team, and you will also be responsible as an expert on a handful of systems on the vehicle, enabling you to deep dive into functional integration topics that bring hardware to life.
- Create novel networking interfaces for next generation connected vehicle applications
- Engage the design and development engineers across the engineering organization to ensure the relevant subsystems are designed with appropriate requirements, interfaces and interactions to achieve specific vehicle functions
- Break down new, high level feature requests into subsystem and component-level requirements, and drive the implementation, testing, and release of these features against Zoox firmware release plan
- Review potential failure modes and effects to influence these requirements
- Develop overall validation strategy for these features and work with validation teams to ensure test coverage is implemented for future firmware releases
- Work cross-functionally across mechanical, electrical, system architecture, firmware development, and firmware validation teams to understand new component level hardware changes being developed and how to support them for production and field deployment
- Develop and execute firmware/hardware integration test plans on new hardware components and firmware features to rapidly retire risk from new designs
- Dig into data and source code to identify and debug issues at the system level and propose robust solutions
- Conduct initial system bring-up and perform integration tests at the vehicle level to validate design assumptions
- Develop early prototypes and test benches to de-risk new technologies
- BS or higher in electrical/electronics engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of experience in systems design, systems architecture, systems integration, or related field
- Experience debugging complex electrical, electronic, and software-controlled systems
- Experience diagnosing CAN, LIN or Ethernet network issues
- Experience in MATLAB, Python, C++ or equivalent tools for modeling and analysis
- Able to communicate complex technical issues in simple, definitive and accurate terms
- Experience with Vector tools
- Experience in failure analysis, fault trees or hazard and risk analysis
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.