Senior UX Designer, Rider Operations
ExperienceApply for this position
The Experience Team collaborates across Zoox to define and champion the “Human Experience”. We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data-driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We address new challenges around AI and strive to learn and understand all-around unique opportunities that inform design strategy and product direction.
As Senior UX Designer for Rider Operations, you'll collaborate in a challenging, fast-paced environment. You’ll demonstrate your creativity and knowledge of user-facing solutions to guide our teams towards the development of tools designed to support our riders through their journey. You will be a part of strategic decisions and run the design process on key projects and initiatives, championing a human-centered design and culture.
If you are passionate about design, if you care deeply about the people who use your products and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges, get in touch!
- Gain a deep understanding of our users, leverage user insights, and communicate design solutions to inform product direction
- Explore product concepts to find promising directions that address both user and business needs
- Design interfaces and interactions that are accessible, intuitive, and delightful to use
- Create impactful solutions that are aligned with our design principles and our product strategy
- Minimize investment risks by testing solutions and validating assumptions early
- Align design goals and timelines with key internal decisions and business milestones
- 6+ years of relevant design experience in a commercial organization
- Experience shipping digital products internal tools, enterprise software, analytical tools for desktop, web, or mobile.
- Experience in discovering, defining, and implementing innovative solutions
- Effective communication and self-organizational skills
- A portfolio of work demonstrating effective design processes
- Experience defining product strategy and value proposition
- Experience in mobility as service or transportation industry
- Experience with product Inclusivity and Accessibility
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.