Fremont, CA • Full-time Technical Program Manager, Manufacturing Operations
Technical Program Manager, Manufacturing Operations
As our Senior Technical Program Manager, Manufacturing Operations you will support our Manufacturing Operations organization to develop the internal industrial processes, cross-functional product platform management, and assets lifecycle management. You will work with our Manufacturing Operations leaders across Logistics, Prototype, Manufacturing Engineering, Hardware Development, and Vehicle Quality to help us achieve our strategic and tactical milestones. You will work with the relevant leaders and teams to develop specific department roadmaps, project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, track costs, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed concepts, roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables
- Work with cross-functional leaders to define and then track resource requirements
- Manage the implementation and standardization of lean manufacturing methodologies throughout our manufacturing teams
- Manage and develop the complex product platform interfaces, coherence, and change management
- Increase the maturity level of our manufacturing activities and improve processes
- Coordinate and define cross-functional activities regarding asset lifecycle management
- Ensure every team understands what they need to deliver at all times
- Establish standard reports to provide concise and effective communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Ensure problems are transparent and risks are identified and proactively ensure that risk-mitigating actions are ongoing within the teams
- Set the agenda for key decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks
- Support key decisions working cross-functionally across engineering, manufacturing, procurement, and finance to reach the right conclusions
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing operations, engineering, program management
- Experience with high scale industry manufacturing (i.e. automotive, aerospace, etc) and the necessary integration with related functions such as logistics, quality, facility, safety & environmental, procurement
- Strong track record in managing complex cross-functional projects or programs
- Track record of process and organizational development activities
- Experience with product management across different platforms
- PMP certification
- Strong understanding of lean manufacturing and lean methodologies
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Ability to manage confidential information
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.