Master Data Controller
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As our Master Data Controller, you will support our Manufacturing Operations organization with a leading effort of master data governance. You will define master data create and change procedures, and monitor/audit to make sure the processes are followed in a timely fashion. You will work with our cross-functional leads across Logistics, Prototype, Manufacturing Engineering, Hardware Development, Procurement and Vehicle Engineering and Quality to help us achieve our strategic and tactical milestones. You will work with the relevant leaders and teams to develop specific department roadmaps, project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, track costs and clearly communicate on-going progress.
- Operate as a Master Data content expert and work with business users to analyze data integrity, completeness, consistency, accuracy, timeliness, conformity, and validity & drive comprehensive master data creation & maintenance processes
- Work with cross-functional teams to build auditing tools that find gaps or errors in master data. Work with vehicle engineers to assure data transfer from PLM is complete, for material master and mBOM.
- Work with procurement and manufacturing to determine the cutover (effectivity) date of the engineering change order, depending on the open purchase order quantities, inventory on hand, WIP, and spare parts coverage
- Ensure full population of required SAP master data across the business function & work with Program Managers and Product Development relating to new product introduction processes.
- Maintain parameter tables for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) to ERP
- Define change control process for mass update requests & Participate actively in design and delivery of new systems with integration requirements to SAP
- Introduce reports to show master data quality, metrics, and trends
- Set appropriate field content on master data records to reflect lifecycle phases for at least inventory planning, but possibly also may include discrete fields for public-facing sales and engineering revision tracking
- Support business leaders with data queries, form population, form routing, and ERP updates
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Business, or other relevant field is preferred
- 10+ years of SAP experience with focus on Master Data Management, MRP Planning and/or other related function
- Clear understanding of segregation of duty and work with business to address data ownership conflicts
- Strong cross-functional knowledge of master data usage across the supply chain
- Direct experience managing master data across a large multinational enterprise
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency
- Strong organizational skills
- Articulate communicator
- Quick learner and motivated team player
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Visio or similar flowcharting tool
- PMP certification
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Key Player in a SAP Roll-out project
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.