UX Designer, Tele Operations
ExperienceApply for this position
The Experience Team collaborates across Zoox to define and champion the “Human Experience”. We embrace a human-centered design process that is collaborative, data-driven, and iterative. We are growing a team of exceptional people to help invent and design unique solutions. We address new challenges around AI and strive to learn and understand all-around unique opportunities that inform product strategy and design.
As UX Designer, you'll work as part of the Operator and Developer experience work stream in a collaborative, challenging, and fast-paced environment. You’ll demonstrate your creativity, design skills, and knowledge of user-facing solutions that demonstrate the best product experiences, launch innovative features, and build tools that accelerate our Tele Operation teams. You will be a part of strategic decisions and run the design process on key projects and initiatives, championing a human-centered design and culture.
If you are passionate about design if you care deeply about the people who use your products and you want to work on some of the most exciting design challenges, get in touch!
- Leverage user insights and communicate design solutions to inform product direction
- Explore product concepts to find promising directions that address both user and business needs
- Design interfaces and interactions that are accessible, intuitive, and delightful to use
- Create impactful solutions that are aligned with our design principles and our product strategy
- Build prototypes to support user research, using low-to-high fidelity techniques; Minimize investment risks by testing solutions and validating assumptions early
- Align design goals and timelines with key internal decisions and milestones
- Collaborate daily with user experience designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers to create industry-leading products for our users.
- Help define metrics and UX requirements that help improve our product
- Leverage best practices and consult our front-end engineers on the user interface and UX flows
- Gain a deep understanding of our internal users
- 4+ years of relevant design experience in a commercial organization
- Experience shipping digital products for desktop, web, or mobile
- Experience in defining and implementing innovative features
- Effective communication and self-organizational skills
- A portfolio of work demonstrating effective design processes and interaction as well as visual design skills
- Development of internal tools, enterprise software, analytical tools
- Experience defining product strategy and value proposition
- Experience working with AI or Robotics automation
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.