Senior Manager, Industrial Design
Industrial DesignApply for this position
Zoox Industrial Design is a team of dreamers and creators who believe in the beauty, function and value that good design can bring to the world. We are focused on the pursuit of mobility for all through our vehicle and hardware design. We champion a philosophy of balance and harmony in our products to delight the individual and create a positive impact on the greater community. As a member of this team you will be joining our efforts to embrace these principles and design the future of Zoox autonomous mobility.
Your experience in the automotive vehicle design space, design sensibilities and pulse on future trends will support the team's goal of telling an authentic story through a consistent design narrative. Using our holistic design process you will coach the design team from concept to production, working to understand and meet the needs of Zoox and cross-functional teams. Join our team and bring your passion, experience and positive teamwork as we embark on the next chapter of Zoox vehicle and hardware design.
- Manage and mentor the Industrial Design team to develop and promote the design process for our vehicle and hardware products from early concept through production.
- Support the development of design strategies that align to the Zoox vision and brand.
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver completed, on time and high quality vehicle and hardware designs.
- Participate in design trends and market research to understand the wants, needs and opportunities for innovation in a project.
- Manage production of digital and physical presentation materials that communicate the design intent at any phase in a project and present design concepts to internal teams and executives.
- Contribute to the larger ID team planning, management, resource and budget responsibilities.
- Contribute to the evolving teamwork, design culture and process in the studio.
- 10+ years of Automotive or similar design studio experience.
- 5+ years managing and mentoring a design team.
- Mass production, concept and one-off vehicle or similar product launch experience.
- Experience managing internal Studio and production design projects and processes.
- Successful team building and hiring experience.
- Ability and desire to work and communicate well with internal, cross-functional and executive teams.
- Passion to manage and mentor a team of talented designers.
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.