Banbury, UK • Full-time Vehicle Integration Attribute Engineer
Vehicle Integration Attribute Engineer
Zoox is developing fully autonomous vehicles and the supporting ecosystem required to bring the technology to market at scale. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We believe the transition to self-driving vehicles requires a combination of elegant vision and uncompromising execution.
At Zoox, we have set the goal to provide our customers with the highest level of safety while using our fully autonomous vehicles. You will work with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in robotics, controls, and vehicle engineering, to deliver the targeted vehicle performance. In taking on ownership of the vehicle attribute status and working with the attribute, program, hardware, and fleet management teams, you will be an integral link to successfully developing and delivering vehicle attributes for a Zoox vehicle platform.
- Own Vehicle Integration attribute status and delivery for a vehicle platform.
- Support the attribute development and validation status of each attribute.
- Balance and refine requirements to optimize performance across all vehicle attributes using physical and virtual data.
- Report vehicle attribute and testing timeline statuses in executive report-outs, program meetings, and quality gate reviews.
- Own and moderate the balancing of attributes and provide a recommendation for resolution.
- Support development of the vehicle test plan including vehicle time optimization to enable on-time delivery against program timelines.
- Support the attribute teams with escalating and resolving issues including both VI responsible issues and VI affected concerns.
- Align Vehicle Integration deliverables with company milestones, and work with the attribute teams to allocate resources accordingly.
- Support the refinement of vehicle attribute requirements and ensure appropriate requirements cascade and traceability, capturing lessons learned during the development process.
- Organize and execute ride sessions to regularly review attribute status. Include cross-functional teams to capture available vehicle features and functions.
- Engineering degree with at least 5 years of hands-on experience in vehicle attribute development in one or more of key vehicle attribute areas.
- Excellent communications skills to coordinate engineering groups in testing needs.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience with requirements management software.
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.