New Product Introduction Engineer - Electrical
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
The Advanced Hardware Engineering team is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of sensor technology and the compute platform for our vehicles. On this team you will work within a multi-disciplinary engineering team to design high speed digital, low noise analog, mixed signal and RF circuits in accordance with industry standards, best practices, and requirements.
As a New Product Introduction Engineer you will work alongside Electrical Engineers, internal manufacturing team and Contract Manufacturers to ensure that designs are properly released and manufacturing processes established.
- Create and manage EE BOMs, tests, validation plans, and documentation for our in-house PCB/PCBA components
- Work closely with PLM team to release all design changes
- Work with engineering/contract mfgrs on alternative component selection
- Work closely with manufacturing and PSP teams to ensure a smooth rollout of new products
- Review existing product design and manufacturing processes and propose improvements
- Engage with EE suppliers (e.g. PCB fab mfgs) and PCBA mfgs to generate manufacturing documentation/processes.
- Working closely with engineering and supplier quality to resolve manufacturing issues
- Actively participate in the product development and design review process to help assess manufacturability, test flow, and test and fixture requirements
- Review supplier fixture designs, process flows, equipment selection, qualification plans, DFx feedback, and DOE proposals to ensure alignment with development and supply chain decisions
- Assist cross functional teams of supplier qualifications and audits.Be the front-line contact for ramping new PCBA builds
- Experience using a wide range of manufacturing processes used from prototype to high volume applications
- Understanding of various SMT technologies and tradeoffs (FP, ICT, AOI, Xray, SPI)
- Understanding of DFM/DFT/DFx methodologies to influence product design
- Designed prototype, low, and medium volume production pipelines to bring products to market
- Experience engaging offshore vendors throughout all stages of the product life cycle
- Experience with PCB/PCBA DFM tools such as Valor
- Understanding of PCB manufacturing technology
- Experience designing and setting up PCBA test equipment a plus
- Ability to travel to suppliers
- New Product Introduction flow
- Experience with bringing-up PCBs, PCBA lines, test methodologies, and driving process improvement
- PLM systems (e.g. Agile, 3DX, Arena), BOM management
- AVL (second sourcing)
- Understand design/manufacturing processes
- Contract Manufacturer engagement + experience setting up manufacturing processes
- Working with PCB suppliers (domestic and overseas)
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.