Sensor HIL Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
The Advanced Hardware Engineering team is looking for an experienced multidisciplinary engineer to lead the development of sensor emulators and test frameworks. The candidate will develop software and/or hardware that will emulate sensor behavior to enable rigorous and automated testing of software and systems. In this role, the candidate will provide leadership and guidance, as well as hands-on implementation.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of artificial intelligence, robotics, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We are looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or relevant disciplines
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Strong proficiency in Python and C++
- Familiarity with networking, UDP, TCP, and sockets programming
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with build systems, version control, and testing methodologies
- Experience with development on Linux systems
- Experience with hardware and software integration and testing
- Working knowledge of schematic design and PCB layout tool (Altium Designer or Cadence preferred)
- Familiarity with console and graphical UI frameworks
- Experience with safety-critical systems
- Experience with designing and implementing custom Verilog RTL for Xilinx FPGAs
- Experienced in embedded software design for ARM cores on Xilinx and Xilinx SDK
Employees working in this position will be required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. An applicant is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Applicants will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.