Manager, Technical Program Management - Manufacturing Operations
Manufacturing OperationsApply for this position
As our Manager of Technical Program Management, Manufacturing Operations, you will coordinate a team of Technical Program Managers and support our Manufacturing Operations organization to develop the internal industrial processes and assets implementation. You will work cross-functionally with our Manufacturing Operations leaders across Logistics, Prototype, Manufacturing Engineering, Plant Organizations, and Process Quality to help us achieve our strategic and tactical milestones. You will work with the relevant leaders and teams to develop specific department roadmaps, and project schedules, identify milestones, flag risks, estimate budgets, track costs, and clearly communicate ongoing progress.
- Work with department leaders to translate the top-down corporate strategy and milestones into detailed product roadmaps, timelines, and deliverables
- Work with cross-functional leaders and finance to define and then track resource requirements (headcount and budget)
- Lead the development and update of the Manufacturing Operation Industrial plan, including site strategy, Equipment Maintenance strategy, APQP process, ISO 9000 compliance roadmap, Equipment and Tooling readiness roadmap, and Strategic Plan Risk Analysis.
- Define and manage strategic transformational processes, and support the change management by conducting regular meetings, reporting, documenting, and communicating the program’s updates
- Establish standard reports and KPIs to provide concise and practical communications to key stakeholders on program status, issues/risks, and accomplishments
- Set the agenda for critical decisions to be made at each meeting to eliminate bottlenecks and retire risks
- Manage a team of cross-functional TPMs
- Define, implement and maintain Zoox Production System spanning all teams within the manufacturing department
- Implement a system for continuous improvement of manufacturing skills and methodologies
- Develop a Manufacturing Operations Vision with a continuous improvement mindset with reference to the Lean Approach to achieve Operational Excellence
- BS or MS degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- 15+ years of experience in manufacturing operations, engineering, program management
- Experience with heavy industry manufacturing (i.e. automotive, aerospace, etc) and the necessary integration with related functions such as logistics and quality
- Strong track record in managing complex cross-functional projects
- Strong Experience with Production System Logic and Operational Excellence
- Strong Experience setting up cross-functional training programs
- Very good communication skills
- Proficient in tools required to manage complex projects (i.e. Gantt charts)
- Strong references that highlight your ability to build strong working relationships with senior leaders and engineers across functions and departments
- An ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience
- Ability to manage confidential information
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.