Senior Electrical Test Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
As our Electrical Test Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, documenting, and executing component and system-level hardware testing. You will collaborate with design and system engineers to characterize the functional performance of Zoox sense and compute hardware. You will be responsible for performing development tests on early prototypes and qualification testing on modules intended for vehicle use. Projects range from interface compliance testing to developing custom load simulators. We are looking for someone who’s enthusiastic, innovative, a self-starter, and willing to take on the challenges to work with us as an exceptional electrical test engineer.
- Use oscilloscopes, network analyzers, and other test equipment to take measurements and conduct tests on PCBAs
- Work with design engineers and technicians to develop test setups via block diagrams, BoMs and test plans
- Develop custom test assets such as load simulators, test harnessing and python scripts to enable more effective and efficient testing
- Facilitate complex test infrastructure projects by working with procurement and suppliers to setup chambers and equipment with non-trivial utility requirements
- Draft and present Test Plans, Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews and Data Reviews
- Review and consult on documentation release for standards, design, and risk assessments
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- Experience with testing electronic, automotive, aerospace, or vehicle components
- Experience with PCB Design tools (Altium preferred)
- Experience in using lab equipment (Oscilloscopes, E-loads, VNA, TDR, and spectrum analyzer)
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Team/club competitions (e.g. SAE, FIRST, DARPA)
- Systems and networking foundational knowledge (systems architecture, memory hierarchy, storage subsystems, LANs, routing)
- Ethernet switching chipsets (i.e. Broadcom, Marvell), PCIe, CAN Compliance HFSS Tools
- Common bus protocols (SPI, I2C, MDIO)
- Data Acquisition systems (UEI and/or Keysight preferred)
- Requirement - Test Case management tools (Polarion preferred)
- Ubuntu operating system and Command Line Interface
- Atlassian software products (Jira/Confluence)
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $155,000 to $255,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.