Fleet OperationsApply for this position
As a Test Technician on Zoox’s Base Operation team, you will be responsible for the setup and execution of tests, as well as the repair and maintenance of Zoox Development Vehicles.
This includes planning tests, organizing and installing test equipment, updating the vehicle too desired test configuration, and executing tests according to the requestor’s test procedures.
Testing will be required on various vehicle attributes and systems, such as durability, vehicle dynamics, crash performance, noise and vibration, and thermal performance. You will utilize your expertise in one or more of these areas to support these testing activities and work closely with the responsible attribute lead.
- Execute vehicle level test requests with a focus on accuracy and thoroughness.
- Work with engineering to determine proper sensor selection, placement, installation, and operation.
- Work with engineering to perform setup, configuration, and installation of DAQ systems. Support preparation of test parts and updating of test vehicle(s) as dictated by the test requirement.
- Coordinate logistic requirements for vehicles, equipment, and parts as dictated by the test requirement.
- Perform data collection in accordance with the test plan.
- Support the analysis, documentation, and reporting of data as necessary.
- Perform vehicle level inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- Maintain workshop space to a high professional level in terms of safety, efficiency, and cleanliness.
- Extensive knowledge of methods, techniques, parts, tools, and materials used in the test setup, maintenance and repair of vehicles.
- Fundamental understanding and experience working with test equipment related to Durability and Vehicle Dynamics such as accelerometers, strain gauges, load cells, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of CAN/LIN, wiring diagrams, wiring repair, and soldering is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years of hands on technician experience.
- Ability to travel locally and nationally to support business needs. (50%, or more, of the time)
- Clean/excellent driving record.
- Reliable, self-starter, roll-up-the-sleeves work mentality.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deliverables.
- Team player.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be honest, responsible and an outstanding communicator.
- Experience in an automotive-focused engineering or research lab (i.e. Dyno, Battery, etc.).
- Experience with vehicle alignments and required adjustments.
- Experience with ADAS, and/or autonomous platforms.
- General understanding of electric vehicle architecture.
- Experience and ability to tow a car hauler and other large trailers to transport fleet vehicles.
- Technical trade school certificate or Associate Degree in automotive repair.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.