Diagnostics Systems Engineer
Advanced Hardware EngineeringApply for this position
We are seeking a highly motivated, energetic systems diagnostic engineer to join a centralized systems engineering & integration team. This position is to lead and drive specification and design of system diagnostics. You will oversee and collaborate with cross functional teams to specify and design software diagnostic interfaces, diagnostic routines, fault logging, and fault reporting for the automotive systems.
- Work with the hardware and software engineering teams to translate a system level diagnostic design into OS/RTOS platform, driver, and middleware implementations
- Implement diagnostic software aligned with the overall system design and software development process standards
- Measure, analyze, and optimize software to key performance indicators
- Investigate, and resolve issues reported from vehicle testing
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of experience with developing system software from requirements into a functional, efficient, and validated implementation
- Proficiency with modern C and C++
- Proficiency with associated software development tools, such as IDE’s, source code management, static analysis, and automated builds
- Experience writing diagnostics software or hardware test software
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with embedded systems; Linux or QNX
- Experience with interfaces such as Ethernet, PCIe, USB, SDIO, UFS, I2C, SPI, GPIO, UART
- Experience working with U-boot, device trees, and device drivers
- Experience writing and debugging TCP/IP applications in C
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience in the automotive industry is preferred
Employees working in this position will be required to have received a single dose of the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine OR have completed the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine series. In addition, employees will be required to receive a COVID-19 booster vaccine by the earlier of (1) April 15 or (2) within two months of becoming eligible for the booster vaccine.
Employees will be required to show proof of vaccination status upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment. That offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, an Applicant’s ability to show proof of vaccination status. Please note the Company provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.